Tierion’s mission is to replace trust with proof. We see a future where the blockchain is the trust anchor for the world’s data. We started by creating Chainpoint, an open protocol for anchoring data to the Bitcoin blockchain. Next, we launched the Chainpoint Network; a global proof engine that can verify the integrity and timestamp of any data, file, or business process. Today we’re focused on advancing Chainpoint and building Proof.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you’ll help architect and manage the infrastructure behind Chainpoint and Proof. You’ll be part of an experienced team that cares deeply about building great software, and is excited about working at the forefront of the blockchain industry. We don’t consider DevOps a backend function at Tierion. It’s vital part of delivering a positive experience to developers and end users.
- Build, test and manage infrastructure and code using modern tools.
- Design and build new infrastructure environments using modern best practices for infrastructure as code, CI/CD, security, and performance.
- Handle release management and code deployment.
- Troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- You have at least 5 years DevOps experience
- You have at least 2 years of experience with Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Expertise with Git, Google Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, and Ubuntu and Alpine Linux.
- Strong skills with tooling such as Bash shell scripting, Systemd, and Make.
- You’ve implemented and managed complex micro-service architectures.
- You’re comfortable operating in dynamic environments, and are self-directed.
Nice to haves
- Infrastructure as code using tools like Teraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.
- Experience with CockroachDB, RocksDB, Redis, PostgreSQL
- Experience working with Bitcoin, Ethereum, or other blockchain tech
- Experience with cryptography
In case you are wondering, we’re powered by Node.js, CockroachDB, PostgreSQL, RabbitMQ, Redis, and Consul. We keep everything glued together with Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes.
What We Offer
Everyone at Tierion works hard and has a lot of fun. Our beautiful office overlooks the bay in San Francisco. Tierion provides competitive salaries, equity, and full benefits.
- Tierion covers 100% of medical/vision/dental for employees
- Commuter benefits (up to $260/month for employees in our SF office)
- 401K plan with 100% matching
- Flexible work hours
- Flexible vacation schedule
- Re-location support
How to Apply
Send us the following:
- Links to your GitHub/Stack Overflow or something that you’ve built
- A brief answer to the following question: What have you built that you’re most proud of?
- Your resume or LinkedIn profile
Tierion does not provide visa sponsorship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.